“Favorites” Survey (part 1 of 2)

Discussion in 'Surveys and Questionnnaires' started by Greg, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Greg

Greg Well-Known Member

Greetings, A.E.ers! Just for fun, I put together a survey of “favorites” questions, consisting of as many as I could think of and then some. I doubted this kind of thing had already appeared on the site, but even if it has…well, so shoot me. I’ve written out and supplied my own answers below. Feel free to post in with your own answers—the whole point of a survestionaire, after all—and also to add any other question you feel applicable. I'm splitting this up into two parts, because it's too big for one post. Cheers!

What is your favorite...

Color?
    It used to be red, then black, now most recently it’s been blue. But I like all different colors for different reasons.

Food? While I’m sorry to be so unoriginal, it might still to this day have to be pizza. I'm Italian, and have an especially fond affinity for our food. But like colors, there are all sorts of other varieties of cuisine I enjoy.

Restaurant? Well, non-Americans may be less familiar with this one, but I’m really partial to Red Robin, the gourmet burger place with a degree of décor on the walls to rival the Hard Rock Café or T.G.I. Friday’s. Also two other good places to eat, by the by.

Beverage (any variety)? Mountain Dew and SoBe Elixirs. Anything soft. I don’t do alcohol.

Ice cream flavor? Oh, I have to go with raspberry. And anything that has chocolate or cookies in it’s a close second. Mixing them together’s quite a treat.

Holiday? Probably Christmas. Holidays are all nice too, but Christmas has an entire two months of hype and spirit surrounding it. It takes the most work to effectively set up for, but it’s also the most fun and rewarding when it’s time to celebrate.

School subject? Math and language arts. I wasn’t very good at much else.

Day of the week? It’s a tie. Friday and Saturday; 50-50, right down the line.

Month of the year? Hm, here I’m tempted to say December…for pretty obvious reasons. But November and October have good stuff going for them as well. I prefer coldness and winter to what’s going on now—at the time of this survey—but January and February can get a little cold even for me.

Hobby/activity? Oh, that’s easy: writing my lesbian erotica, and posting it, on now not one but two different sites. There are other things I like doing, but a lot of them are enjoyed most during winter. In a reversal of most other creatures, I hibernate in the summer. Then fall, winter and spring, I go out speed-walking with my iPod for exercise.

Music genre? Classic pop/rock and new wave.

Music artist/singer/band? Roxette. Fave solo artist: the male half of Roxette, Per Gessle, who writes the songs and handles a lot of other projects when not working with Marie Fredriksson (the female half).

Song? This is a little harder to pin down. In the ’90s, while under heavy influence from the alternative grungy sound, it was “Smells Like Teen Spirit” by Nirvana. After I discovered ’80s pop culture—mostly thanks to Adam Sandler’s movie The Wedding Singer—it was “You Spin Me Round (Like A Record)” by Dead Or Alive. Even though through all this, I was already familiar with my favorite Roxette song, “Almost Unreal,” from the Super Mario Bros. movie. Most recently, I fell in love with “Forever Young” by Alphaville. So there are my four big candidates. There are tons more, but those stand out the most.

2. Ginney

Ginney Well-Known Member

What is your favorite...

Color?
    Hunter Green

Food? Anything to do with PASTA

Restaurant?
    To be honest I really don't go out to eat but if Golden Corral is okay to say then. I would have to pick that ;)

Beverage (any variety)?
    Coke

Ice cream flavor? Vanilla

Holiday? Thanksgiving

School subject?
    Math

Day of the week? Tuesday because I have the night off from work lol

Month of the year? August fall time and the leaves start to fall off the trees.

Hobby/activity?
    Love to play pool

Music genre? All Kinds cant just pick one sorry

Music artist/singer/band? Dolly I have soooo much love for her.

Song? Coat of Many Colors by Dolly[/QUOTE]

3. Greg

Greg Well-Known Member

Oh! I didn’t even realize you replied to part 1 too, Gin. Thanks!

4. Ginney

Ginney Well-Known Member

Anytime buddy :) and Your Welcome

5. Emm

Emm Well-Known Member

What is your favorite...

Color? Orange

Food? Mangoes. Sweet baby jesus they're divine

Restaurant? Don't eat out at all

Beverage (any variety)?
    coffee, but I'm fussy about it, life is too short for shitty coffee

Ice cream flavor? Boysenberry ripple

Holiday? Christmas. Don't care for the actual presents but tinsel and wrapping paper make me spastically happy

School subject? Microeconomics

Day of the week? Sunday

Month of the year? April

Hobby/activity? Getting my ass handed to me in monopoly by my step kid

Music genre? R&B

Music artist/singer?
    I can't pick just one overall, this week I'm digging Halsey

Song?
    Lego house - Ed sheerin

6. Spygirl

Spygirl Well-Known Member

What is your favorite...

Color? Red

Food? Seafood

Restaurant? The Obstinate Daughter, Sullivan's Island, SC and/or Peninsula Grill, Charleston SC

Beverage (any variety)? Wine (Red - Pinot Noir; White Pinot Grigio); Pellegrino; coffee.

Ice cream flavor? Cookies 'n Cream

Holiday? Thanksgiving -- the food, the togetherness, the football.

School subject? Math

Day of the week? Saturday

Month of the year? June

Hobby/activity? Cycling; dog agility, tennis

Music genre? Alternative; New Wave/Classic Alternative

Music artist/singer? Hard to pick just one - Sarah McLachlan...having worked in a record store I have an eclectic taste in music from Rock, Jazz, R&B, Pop, Alternative....

Song? "How Soon is Now" - The Smiths; "Tom Sawyer" - Rush; "Elsewhere" - Sarah McLachlan; "Games without frontiers" - Peter Gabriel, "Crucify" - Tori Amos, "Only You" - Yaz; ...so hard to think of these b/c it's so hard to pick just a few....I just rattled these off b/c they're all I could think of right now :)

7. Greg

Greg Well-Known Member

Hi Spy! Thanks for replying! Really like your answers; I see you and I actually have a good little deal in common. Especially music. ’80s new wave and pop rock are some of my favorites too. Based on that, I’m sure I could come up with a number of others you’d like too. ;)

8. Spygirl

Spygirl Well-Known Member

I'm so bummed that Sirius/XM took away the "New Wave Dance Party" station...used to stream it at work.

9. Greg

Greg Well-Known Member

Aw, I’m sorry. Well, there’re always resources like YouTube, and should you feel so inclined, you can connect with me and I’m sure I could find some unique old new wave tracks and send you audio files, on behalf of us audiophiles (har har).